Thursday, September 2, 2010

finally here

Well, it is 5pm in Ireland and I still haven't slept. The flight over was fine, I sat next to my good friend dawn which was nice. After the flight we met our program coordinator who told us we would be waiting a few hours before going to our apartments. At this point I was getting pretty tired, but some coffee and a reunion with jordan and others helped. The bus ride into the city was a lot of fun- just looking at the city for the first time was so exciting. The weather is also a lot nice than I expected- was very comfortable walking around in the sun with leggings and a t shirt on.
We finally arrived at the apartment and got our keys. I have my own room, and it is actually a decent size. My clothes all fit but my bed is extremely uncomfortable. Our shower also is flooding right now, so hopefully that will be fixed soon. The first thing we did was venture to Pennys, the local department store, to get bedding and a hair dryer/straightener. (obviously, the essentials.) We also passed the leprechaun museum which I am soooo excited about. This is on my top list of priorities. We didn't have much else to do today, so now is naptime before dinner and nightlife. Tomorrow is an all day orientation and a welcome dinner which I am looking forward to. thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment